Amen corner - the immediate catalogue
Old English, from Late Latin amen , from Ecclesiastical Greek amen , from Hebrew amen "truth," used adverbially as an expression of agreement (. Deut. xxvii:26, I Kings i:36; cf. Modern English verily , surely , absolutely in the same sense), from Semitic root a-m-n "to be trustworthy, confirm, support." Used in Old English only at the end of Gospels, otherwise translated as Soðlic! or Swa hit ys , or Sy! As an expression of concurrence after prayers, it is recorded from early 13c.
I have lived in Charleston since 1986. I have seen many restaurants come and go. Amen is not going anywhere, great service, great food and great value!
The 12th has been home to plenty of misery over the years. Tom Weiskopf made the highest score in Masters history at the hole when he shot a 13 in 1980. Arnold Palmer found the same creek in 1959, and it cost him a shot at a second consecutive victory.
The word first occurs in the Hebrew Bible in Numbers 5:22 when the Priest addresses a suspected adulteress and she responds “Amen, Amen”. Overall, the word appears in the Hebrew Bible 30 times.
- DJ Dag - Essential DJ Mixes Vol. 1
- Store N Forward - Manga
- Rush - A New Reality
- Coxcombs - Coxcombs
- Groove Legion - Give It To Me
- Friggs, The - Come Now / Dance Of Love
- Jola - Moon And Sun
- Michael Nyvang / Birgitte Alsted - Planetarium Music - Electroacoustic Music From DIEM II
- Francesco Diaz Feat. Karl Frierson - Say A Little Prayer
- Masonic Youth - Ordo Ab Surd
- Various - Goa Volume 15
- Bobby Powell - The Glory Of Love
- Various - Macao Cafe - Best Of
- BKS - The Best Of BKS
- Lena Balaž - Piši Mi, Sine, Iz Armije
- Bad Influence - Bad Influence EP
- Insects Vs Robots - Insects Vs Robots
- James Horner - Humanoids From The Deep
- Jonny Rubbish - Living In NW3 4JR (Anarchy In The UK)
- Depeche Mode - PRO-CD-5192 Selections From The Commercially Available Limited Edition Box Sets One And Two